This luxury lodge is situated on the edge of the ancient Nyungwe Forest in Rwanda, the largest mountain rainforest in Africa. Built within a working tea plantation, One&Only Nyungwe House offers a fascinating look at unique African wildlife and culture – from up-close encounters with rare primates and exotic birds, to heart-warming interactions with local people and tailor-made experiences like gastronomic picnics in the wild.
Work up a sweat in the lodge’s gymnasium, or unwind with an open-air spa treatment or yoga session. Adventure seekers can explore the remote trails of the national park by foot or mountain bike.
Nyungwe House’s one- and two bedroom suites are nestled in the foothills of Nyungwe National Park’s dramatic mountains, providing a secluded forest haven with elegant amenities like indoor fireplaces, international dial telephones and private balconies. The family-friendly two bedroom suite with open-air Jacuzzi offers guests an indulgent and secluded hideaway.
- Situated alongside the largest mountain rainforest in Africa
- Nyungwe National Park is home to a large population of chimpanzees and endangered monkeys, as well as 275 recorded bird species
- Set within a beautiful, working tea plantation
- Active adventures like mountain biking, kayaking and forest trekking
- Tailor-made experiences like private dining and tours, and secluded wellness activities
- Open fireplaces in every room and suite
- Private picnics in the wilderness