Situated at the foothills of the mighty Virungas Volcano chain, Sabyinyo Sliverback Lodge is tucked away in an incredible forested ecosystem and is the ideal base from which to explore these volcanoes and trek Africa’s magnificent mountain gorilla’s through the forests.
The lodge is only a few minutes away from the entrance to Parc National de Volcans where you can set off on an unforgettable gorilla-trekking expedition and spend up to an hour observing these gentle giants in their natural habitat. You can also go in search of the rare golden monkey or visit the beautiful lakes of Kivo, Burera, Ruhondo and Karago. Alternatively, enjoy a look into the past as you visit the genocide memorials and learn about this as well as Rwanda’s incredible political progress over the years.
- Ideally located for mountain gorilla treks
- At the foot of the Virungas Volcano chain
- Incredible, dense forested surroundings
- Nature walks to find golden monkey troops
- Comfortable, welcoming stone cottages
- Fireplaces for cosy evenings